HP is the leader in the tech industry. Its printers are used by many big and small companies, institutions, and organizations. Its product quality is top-notch. And if you talk about the service, it’s really good too.
However, you may have trouble printing from your HP printer, even though it’s connected to your wifi network! In this case, you’re not alone. Many people have reported this issue. But don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to fix it. I’m going to tell you about the possible causes of this issue and how to fix it.
Related Post: top epson printers for sublimation.
What is the reason for this issue?
Here are some of the reasons why your HP printer may be offline:
- If you’re using a non-HP USB cable to connect your printer to your computer, it may cause an issue of this sort.
- If you have an older version of HP printer software, it may not be compatible with the latest Windows 10 updates.
- In case you are using Windows 10/8/7, there is a chance that one of your drivers may be causing this problem!
- However, there could be several other reasons because technology is not always very predictable!
How to fix this issue in a few steps?
There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take:
1. First, check if your printer is online on the HP website. If it’s online, there might be an issue with your computer.
2. If your printer is offline on the HP website, then follow the steps below to try to fix it:
a) Uninstall and reinstall the HP software from the HP website. You can find it here. (Note: you need a Windows PC for this).
b) Delete all printers from your computer and then add them again (Right-click on ‘Printers’ in Control Panel -> Add a printer).
3. After trying the above steps, if your printer is still offline, you can reset it by holding down the ‘Reset’ button for 20 seconds while it’s plugged in and turned on. (Make sure you’re doing this while it’s turned on, not when it’s off).
4. If your printer is online on the HP website but still isn’t printing, ensure that you have enough ink/toner.
5. Try To print a test page from your computer (Printers and Faxes -> Right-click on your printer -> Print Test Page).
6. Also, make sure that your printer is connected to the same wifi network as your computer.
Some Alternative Ways To Fix This Issue:
1. You should first make sure that the printer is turned on and that all of the cords are plugged in properly. If it’s still not working, try restarting your router and printer. If that doesn’t work, you may need to update your printer’s drivers.
2. Open the HP printer control panel and check if the printer’s wifi connection is turned on. To do this, click the Wireless Setup icon in the HP printer control panel. Then select “Wifi Setup” from the drop-down menu and choose “Turn On.” This will turn on your HP printer’s wifi connection.
3. Make sure that your router’s firewall isn’t blocking access to your HP printer from other devices. To do this, log into your router’s configuration page and check if there are any restrictions on access to the printer.
4. If you’re using a wired network connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly to both your HP printer and the router.
5. If you’re using Windows XP, make sure that you’re using the latest version of your wireless network adapter.
I hope this article will help you fix your HP printer connected to wifi but offline! Do let us know about your thoughts!
Related Post: top sublimation printers for cricut.